Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

No, not the "Holidays" . . . it's SBL time!

I finally arrived at 12:45 am. The plus side of being delayed in Dallas for an hour was that I got to meet Caryn Reeder and Adam Winn, both do NT related stuff, so that's exciting since I'm not really familiar with critical issues relevant to NT biblical studies.

Caryn's presentation is on Sunday (9-11:30am MR Studio 9) on Suffer the Children: Children and War in Deuteronomy, Lamentations, and Josephus's Jewish War. Sounds interesting to me anyway.

Adam is the first presenter at the Mark Group on Sunday (4-6:30pm SH - Oak Alley). His presentation is called Power or Suffering? Reconsidering Mark's Christological Presentation.

I spent the morning roaming the exhibit hall and meeting people - new acquaintances, old acquaintances, people who've forgot they met me last year, etc. Good times. Chris Brady walked by without saying hello, though. I'll find him later. (To be fair, I was a bit out of his line of sight.) I got to shake Jim West's hand though, so that was a treat. Wow . . . the number one biblioblogger for months and months and months and months . . . I'm never washing this hand . . . oh wait, too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment