Friday, February 8, 2008

N.T. Wright on Heaven

There's a rather interesting interview with N.T. Wright in Time concerning his views on what the New Testament really says about heaven and the afterlife.

It's an issue that I haven't thought about too much before, but what he says seems to fit with what I think Paul is describing in 1 Cor. 15:12-58 and 1 Thess. 4:13-18. According to Wright, the hope Christians have in resurrection and rising into heaven is directed not at the time immediately after death but at the Second Coming of Christ. But I'm not sure how it fits with Paul's discussion of the earthly tent vs the heavenly dwelling in 2 Cor. 5:1-10. I'm still mulling over the issue. One can always count on N.T. Wright to be thought provoking. I welcome any enlightenment anyone can offer on the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment